The contemporary political history of the Kingdom of Denmark
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Danish strike-leaders jailed; Convicted of
wanton destruction of property
- By Anders Fenger, Daily Worker, 12 December
1997. Conviction of leaders in 1995 bus strike reflect
effort to criminalize labor struggle.
- Day Of Action On May 1st In
- Arm the Spirit, 6 May 2000. As part of the global day of
action against capitalism, 1,000 activists in Copenhagen
demonstrated against the neo-liberal exploitation of the
majority of the world's population. The demonstration
was organized by various anti-capitalist groups: anarchists,
anti-fascists, autonomists, feminists, libertarian
- Anti-immigration party set to win Danish
- By Stephen Castle in Brussels and Ben Holst in Copenhagen,
Independent (UK), 8 February
2005. Denmark's centre-right government seems set for a
narrow election victory today, as it promises more tough
anti-immigration measures and tax cuts while pledging to
defend the country's welfare state.