The social history of the Republic of Finland
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Finland Confronts Challenge to Overcome
- By Katja Heinonen, Reuters, Saturday 11 November
2000. Television footage of Finnish and Somali youths
fighting in a Helsinki suburb has confronted Finns with what
it is like to be a foreigner living in their country.
- Party of uninvited guests
- A short summary by Antti R. from the Finnish indymedia site, 9
December 2001. Sixth party of the uninvited guests,
organised in Helsinki, Finland against independence day
banquet held in president's palace became probably the
first time since the general strike of 1956 when mounted
police attacked a demonstration in Finland.
- Faduma Dayib will not abandon her own
- Trade Union News from Finland, 21 August
2003. The size and character of Finland's mmigrant
population has now reached the point at which it has become
possible to draw conconclusions. Despite various
well-meaning efforts to improve the status of immigrant
labour over the last few years, the situation is generally