The culture history of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Dutch Students On Strike
- A-Infos News Service, 8 December 1999. Dutch secondary
school students went on strike against government education
policy. The government
Phase Two policy curtails
education prematurely for many students.
- Dutch Faith Healers Make Inroads
- By Jerome Socolovsky, Associated Press, Friday 29 December
2000. A host of healers, New Age and other, are using radio
and television and making inroads into Holland's deeply
- Dutch Euthanasia Law Still Debated
- By Anthony Deutsch, Associated Press, Wednesday 11 April
2001. By a 46-28 vote Tuesday evening, the Dutch Senate
enacted a law that made the Netherlands the first country to
legalize mercy killings and assisted suicides for patients
suffering unbearably with no hope of relief.