The social history of the Italian Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- The labour world against child
- ICFTU Online…, 16 April 1997. Italian
workers have contributed nearly 2 million dollars to support
projects aimed at combating child labour in Bangladesh,
Pakistan and Nepal.
- Announcement of Publication
- European Roma Rights Center Country Report, 3 November
2000. Campland: Racial Segregation of Roma in
Italy. The European Roma Rights Center (ERRC)
announces publication of the Country Report Campland: Racial
Segregation of Roma in Italy.
- More than 400,000 children illegally employed
- Agence France-Presse, Child Labour News Service, 15
November 2000. More than 400,000 children between the ages
of 11 and 14 work in coffee shops and construction sites
among other places in Italy despite laws stating they should
be in school.
- Anti-Islamic books' success fuel fears of
racism in Italy
- By Sophie Arie, The Guardian (UK), Saturday 7
August 2004. Human rights groups warned yesterday that
racism was becoming increasingly tolerated in Italy after
the country's biggest-selling newspaper published a book
by a veteran journalist which warns of an Arab invasion of