The IT, media, and telecommunications of the Italian Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Material forwarded by A-Infos News Service on 29 June
1998. the server of Islands in the Net (the Italian
no-profit association that offers communication spaces to
social centres, free radios and collectives of the movement)
has been seized by the Postal Police of Bologna.
- Freedom Press web site seized
- 30 June 1998. Weekend raid on ecn server, Italy. Police in
Bologna raided the premises of the European
Counter-Information Network, seizing their computer which
was hosting internet material for Freedom Press.
- EFJ Welcomes European Parliament Rebuke for
Berlusconi and Strong Call for Media Pluralism
- International Federation of Journalists, 22 April
2004. The European Federation of Journalists today warmly
welcomed the European Parliament decision to adopt a
hard-hitting report on the press freedom crisis in Europe
and Italy in particular.