The economic history of the Republic of Bulgaria
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Water Business Is Hot as Cities Decide to Tap
- Wall Street Journal, Interactive Ediltion, 9
November 1998. Giant utilities from the U.S. and Western
Europe line up to bid for Sofia's multimillion-dollar
water-delivery concession. The city prepares to privatize
its decrepit water system.
- Bulgarian businesses against IMF
- Sofia Echo, 13 October 2005. According to
Bulgarian business representatives, no European country has
a budgetary surplus equal to three per cent of GDP. The IMF
is demanding a significant surplus by the end of the year,
based on high income and cutting spending.
- Spotlight interview with Ivan Neykov
- International Confederation of Free Trade Unions, 28
October 2005. In many of the companies producing for major
international labels, the management brandishes the threat
of Chinese competition and takes refuge behind the codes of
conduct to prevent any form of trade union activity.