The contemporary political history of the Republic of Macedonia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- TAT Savers Call For Civil
- By G. Karevski, translated from Skopje Nova
Makedonija, 4 May 1997. The Republican Association
and the Board of the Savers of the collapsed TAT Saving
House organized a second protest rally against the measures
of the Macedonian Government to compensate the
- On the conditions concerning the human rights
in Republic of Macedonia in 1997
- Annual Report of the Macedonian Helsinki Committee for
Human Rights, 31 December 1997.
- The Macedonian Side of the Conflict in
- Fact-Finding Mission to Macedonia, 25 September–1
October 1998. In continuation of the cooperation between the
Netherlands Helsinki Committee, the Norwegian Helsinki
Committee, and the International Helsinki Federation for
Human Rights, a follow-up to recent missions aimed to
establish a clearer picture of the consequences of the
current conflict in Kosovo on the political and human rights
situations in Macedonia.
- War in The Balkans—Macedonia is
‘collapsing under strain’
- By Richard Lloyd Parry in Skopje, Independent
(London), 16 April 1999. The Macedonian government angrily
denounced Western nations yesterday for breaking their
promises to give sanctuary to Kosovo refugees, and warned
that the country's fragile economy was heading for
collapse under the burden of the Balkans crisis.