The social history of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- We are still on the streets of
- Statement to mark the fifth anniversary of Women in
Black protests. From Women in Black, 5 October
1996. Feminist anti-war struggle in Belgrade.
- Stand up against ethnic cleansing
- Statement from Worker's Aid UK, 8 April 1999. The
people of Europe as a whole, especially in organisations
that have fought for democratic rights and
justice—trade unions, student unions, community
groups, pensioners associations and others—have to
stand up against this barbarity in Kosova and Serbia.
- Humanitarian disaster in
- By Mike Head and Michael Conachy, 22 July 1999. Red
Cross reports economic devastation. In the wake of the
US-NATO bombing of Yugoslavia, the people of Serbia are
confronting a “dramatically awful”
humanitarian crisis—far bigger than that in