The economic history of eastern Europe as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Bribery fills East European commerce: EBRD,
- World Bank daily clipping service, [9 November 1999]. A
survey of more than 3,000 East European companies paints a
sobering picture of endemic corruption, favored lobbies, and
continuing state influence over business 10 years after the
collapse of communism
- The Uncrowned King of East Europe
- By Neil Clar, NorthStar Compass, July
2005. George Soros has condemned George W. Bush
administration's policies on Iraq, but his aim is the
promotion of neoliberalism.
- Russia set to cut off Ukraine gas
- BBC, 1 January 2006. Russian gas supplies to Ukraine will
be cut after last-ditch talks between the two sides failed
to settle a price dispute. The row erupted after Ukraine
rejected Russian plans for a 460% price rise.