The working-class history of eastern Europe as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- UN reports grim facts: socialist breakup in
Eastern Europe devastates workers
- By Brian Becker, Workers World, 29 July
1999. A shocking growth of poverty and gross inequality in
the former republics of the Soviet Union and the other
former socialist-bloc countries in Eastern Europe.
- Former communist trade unions lose
- By Jean-Luc Testault, Dawn, Tuesday 27 May
2003. Once-powerful unions of the former Soviet bloc are
struggling to find their place in post-communist societies
where the market economy dominates and workers are
- Enlarged Europe under threat from the
- Interview by Anne Renaut, ICFTU Online...,
152/031103, 3 November 2003. The theme of the informal
economy and migration appeared high on the agenda at the
annual conference of Central and Eastern European and CIS
trade unions in Poland last week.