The history of children and youth in Eastern Europe
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Child Prostitution Seen As Threat to Eastern
- Reuter, 29 April 1996. Child prostitution is gaining ground
in eastern Europe and some children are being shipped to the
West and forced into pornographic films.
- Communism's fall means misery for children
- By Gordon Martin, Daily Telegraph, 24 April 1997.
Children face worse deprivation and danger in post-communist
eastern and central Europe than under the old authoritarian
regimes, according to a United Nations report.
- UNICEF paints dark picture for Eastern
- By Gustavo Capdevila, InterPress Service, 21 July
1999. The consequences of disintegrating social services for
the children in eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of
Independent States (CIS) is a source of great concern for
the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).