The retrospective history of the Chechen Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- The Jihad of Imam Shamy
- By Kerim Fenari, Q-News, 11 February 1995. A
traditional history that reaches to the end of the
‘Time of Sharia’ in the Caucasus in 1859.
- Historical Fate of Chechens Inside
- By V. N. Chechensev, Northstar Compass, March
2000. The civil war in the Caucasus in the last while has
focused attention on this part of Russia. It is necessary to
analyze the situation and history of these problems.
- No Quick Solution to Chechnya
- By William Mandel, 12 September 2004. The heritage of
resistance to Russian rule is very much alive in the
Caucasus. When Yeltsin dissolved the Soviet Union, some
nationalities within former Soviet republics sought
independence for themselves. The Chechens were one of these,
and a decade of war began, waged first by Yeltsin and then