Working-class political struggle in Ukrayina
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- International union support for Ukrainian
- ICFTU OnLine, 23 February 1998. All-Ukrainian
Protest Action took place throughout the Ukraine on February
19. The protest was organised by the Council of the Trade
Unions Federation of Ukraine over the failure of the
government's economic reforms which has meant increasing
hardship for working people.
- Miners Demonstrate in Kiev Over Pay
- By Tim Vickery, Associated Press, 18 July 2002. Hundreds
of miners waving banners and beating plastic bottles on the
pavement blocked Kiev's main street Thursday in a bid to
get the government to pay $230 million in back wages.
- Ukraine's Free Labor Union Confederation
- ForUm, 19 March 2003. During its third
congress on Wednesday, the Ukrainian Free Labor Union
Confederation [UFLUC] re-elected MP Mykhailo Volynets its
chairman. Volynets also heads the Ukrainian Independent
Coal-Miners' Labor Union.