The working-class history of the Czech Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Czech unions look West
- By Bart VanHercke, ICFTU ONLINE..., 11 May
1998. Most Czech trade unions are in favour of their country
joining the European Union, but have a lot of questions to
ask about its socio-economic impact.
- CT Staff to Strike Until All Hodac's
- Czech News Agency, 14 January 2001. The strike committee
of the public Czech Television (CT) union today decided to
continue the strike until all people brought to CT by
general director Jiri Hodac resign.
- Czech journalists end three-month
- BBC News Online, Saturday 10 February 2001. BBC News
Online, Saturday 10 February 2001. A three month strike by
journalists at Czech state television over allegations of
political bias is due to end in the next few hours.
- Unions speak loudly but carry a small stick,
the case for grounding flyboy Tvrdik
- By Jan Machacek, Prague Business Journal, 1
September 2003. Trade unions are threatening the government
of Prime Minister Vladimir Spidla with a general strike of
the magnitude of that which occurred in November 1989. The
unions don't like the planned public finance