The social history of the Slovak Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Making fun of the Roma
- The Slovak Spectator, 8 September
2003. Anti-Roma humour remains common within the Slovak
media and on the Slovak Internet, a fact that reflects the
general attitudes of the Slovak population. Such jokes are
common in the culture and there is a demand for them.
- Unemployment tops 15 % in December
- Interfax, 8 January 2004. Slovak unemployment climbed to
15.61 % in December.
- Slovak Roma: Don't disciminate,
- By Lucia Kubosova, 14 January 2005. Specially trained
police head for the poorest Roma settlements, and the Slovak
elite debates new affirmative-action measures designed to
lift minorities out of poverty.