The contemporary political history of
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- A Discussion of Sierra Leonean Issues
- From Africa Confidential, 3 February 1995. The civil war.
- Letters from Africa
- By Alistair Coker, 7 April 1995. Life in Freetown during the war.
- By Kelfala M. Kallon, 16 April 1995. A letter written as RUF forces
approach Freetown, asking what had happened to Sierra Leonean society.
- State-run Radio in Sierra Leone Announces Military
- 16 January 1996. Military ruler Capt. Valentine Strasser, who came
to power April 1992 in another military coup, is ousted by Brig.
Julius Maada Bio.
- Sierra Leone: Documents on Coup
- 26 April 1997. The Kabbah government installed in 1996 after long
negotation among factions, was ousted on 25 May, 1997, by a coup headed
by the Armed Forces Revolutionary Council (AFRC).