The culture history of
the Republic of Liberia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Liberian Rappers lament the `struggle between brother
- Review by Norm Dixon, Green Left Weekly,
2 June 1999. Hip hop is popular among the youth of Africa, especially
west Africa and South Africa, where it is still a grassroots,
street-level music of rebellion, protest and struggle. African hip
hop has yet to lose its creative dynamism the way its counterpart in
the US has as it has been transformed from street art to just another
type of commercial pop music.
- Liberian Daily News Bulletin: Three items on educational
- Star Radio (Monrovia), 29 January 2000. The National Teachers Association
of Liberia alleges the Finance Ministry has with held the teachers'
checks. The source said with holding of the checks followed a problem
between students and a local Finance Ministry official in Nimba.
Examination fees; high school renovation.
The history of superstition in Liberia
- New Christian Radio Station for Liberia
- The News (Monrovia), 7 September 2000.
Example of spiritual colonization by U.S. forces and of the traditional
role of Liberian-Americans in Liberia's political life.