The social history of the Republic of Burundi
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- MSF reported to be leaving Burundi
- BBC News, 18 November 1999. Brief news report on the
abandonment of Burundi by Medecins sans Fontieres
because of the civilian relocation policy.
- Refugees have fled Burundi's civil
- BBC News, 9 February 2000. Brief news report on the
government's intent to close its civilian relocation
- Burundi starvation warning
- BBS News, 5 November 1999. The government policy of
creating refugee camps in reponse to rural civil war
interfers with aid.
- Burundian students thrown out after
- BBC World Servic, 5 May 1998. Brief news report on the
student boycott of classes at Bajumbura University aimed
to obtain unpaid grants and allowances.
- Burundi students start compulsory
- BBC World Service, 10 August 1998. Six-thousand school
graduates in Burundi have begun a year-long program of
military education and community service which they must
complete before going to university.