Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
History of South America
Economy and labor
- Bolivian General Strike!
- From Bolivian Union Solidarity Commitee. 23 April, 1995. Martial law response to general strike called because of neoliberalism.
- Alternative Nourishment Models Demanded to Combat Widespread Malnutrition
- By Fiorella Calderon. GAMA Newsletter, 4 October, 1995. Re mounting poverty due to government neoliberal policies.
- Workers battle privatization
- Workers World, 11 April, 1996. Wave of strukes that began March 11, 1996, against privatization plans.
- Summary of Christmas Massacre
- 30 December, 1996. Confrontation between miners and police due to Vista Gold Corporation mines claiming Indian land.
- El regreso del 'Che'
- Por Carlos A. Lozano Guill‚n, in People's Weekly World, 6 January, 1996.
- The Nancahuazu guerrilla front makes history again
- By Leisa Sanchez, Prensa Latina, 2 July, 1996. The recovery of the bodies of Nancahuazu guerrillas fighting under Che Guevara and the writing of the history of the events of 1967.
- New president sworn in, US cuts military aid
- From Weekly News Update on the Americas, 10 August, 1997. Re President Banzer's background and associations.