The Helms-Burton restraint on Cuban trade
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The economic history in general of Cuba
- Anti-Cuba bill passes US Congress
- From Green Left Weekly, 20 March 1996.
- Diplomatic confrontation looms over Cuba law US. trade
penalties outrage Europe
- By John Palmer In Brussels, in The [London] Guardian, 8 May
- Mexican Senate Approves Bill to Counter
- From Associated Press, 23 September 1996.
- EU Counters Helms-Burton Act
- From Reuter, 28 October 1996.
- The Godfrey-Milliken Bill - A Canadian response to
the Helms-Burton Law
- By Sam Boskey, 29 October 1996.
- U.S. blocks WTO Cuba panel
- From NAFTA & Inter-American Trade Monitor, 1 November
- Americans angry after Cuba signs pact with Canada
- From Ian Brodie in Washington, in London Times, 24 January
- U.S. companies launch campaign against Helms-Burton
- From Granma International, 29 April 1997.