The history of religion in Cubaa
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The culture history in general of Cuba
- A background and chronology of Castro-Vatican
- American Atheist #377, 19 January 1997. A chronology
from 1952 to 1997.
- Hype and glory as Cuba prepares for papal
visit. "Official Atheism" masks an attack on freedom,
- American Atheist #377, 19 January 1997. The Vatican
is thinking of a post-Castro era. The church has already
launched an evangelization effort funded by "wealthy
foreign diocese," and clerics have already positioned
themselves as an icon of acceptable resistance to the Cuban
regime should Castro not tow the line to Vatican demands.
- Religion in Cuba during 1997
- From Radio Havana Cuba, 2 January 1998. In 1997 the
Cuban Catholic Church in conjunction with the Cuban
government centered its attention on preparations for
the visit of Pope John Paul II. Improved relations
between Cuba and the Catholic Church characterized