The retrospective history of the state of Connecticut
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Yale and the Price of Slavery
- By Henry Wienek, The New York Times, 18
August 2001. Three researchers release a report on Yale
University's deep entanglement in slavery. The issue
of moral relativism.
- What happened in the Summer of 1963?
- By Don O. Noel, Jr., The Hartford Times, Tuesday
26 November 1963. It was a historical Summer which saw the Negro
revolution sweeping America arrive in Hartford—in a mild
but nonetheless spectacular form. NECAP—the North End
Community Action Project.
- Movement alert! A warror's child has
- December 12th Movement, 21 December 1997. Obituary of
Lisa Taylor-Lemon, daughter of Viola Plummer. Lisa was an
activist in Bridgeport, with a particular focus on the
development and consciousness of Black children.