The history of maquiladoras in Mexico
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Beyond rhetoric: forging links with the
- The People’s Weekly
World, 24 December 1994. OCAW executive board votes
unanimously to join the Committee for Justice in the
- Sexual Harassment at Maquiladora
- By Jean Bowdish, in Workers
World, 7 January 1995.
- Workers in maquiladoras from Tijuana to
Juarez are fighting back against NAFTA-driven
- By David Bacon, in SF Bay
Guardian, 5 March 1997.
- Union wins recognition at Taiwanese
computer plant in Mexican maquiladora
- From ICFTU OnLine, 25 April 1997. Regarding Maxi-Switch
- Workers Take Action Against Sexual and
Physical Abuse in Daewoo Maquiladora
- From Support Committee for Maquiladora Workers, 29 April
- Workers at Hyundai truck chassis factory
near Tijuana call for support
- From Support Committee for Maquiladora Workers, 7 June
1997. Workers at Han Young de Mexico maquiladora, producer
for Hyundai, seek an independent union.
- Mexican border workers fight for
- By David Bacon, San Francisco Bay
Guardian, 11 June 1997. Again, the strike at Han
Young de Mexico for independent union recognition.
- Clinton and Mexican government move to gut
- From Maquiladora Health & Safety
Support Network Newsletter. 18 June 1997. Regarding
privatization of health and safety regulation.
- Sex Discrimination in Mexican
- By Jagdish Parikh, Human Rights Watch, 18 June
- General Motors dismisses 23 workers in
retaliation for work stoppage!
- Campaign for Labor Rights
newsletter, 9 July 1997.