The history of children and youth in Honduras
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Fight for Children's Rights Continues
in Central America
- From Casa Alianza, 20 August 1997. Child poverty, labor,
and imprisonment, etc.
- Underage teens are abused in Honduran
- By David Adams, St. Petersburg Times, 6
July 1999. Mounting cases of sexual abuse of local
children American foreigners. Web sites provide lurid
information for traveling pedophiles. The trend is
global. Besides the needs of the pedophiles, the trend is
fed by growing poverty and homelessness, and prostitution
more appealing than maquila labor.
- Police ‘dispose’ of Honduran
- By Duncan Campbell, The Guardian, 30 June
2000. More than 300 street children and youths have been
murdered in Honduras in the past two-and-a-half years as
part of a
social cleansing program. Members of the
police and the security services are involved in many of