The history of the children and youth of Nicaragua
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Nicaragua Erupts With Youth
- By Roger Calero, Militant, 25 August
1997. University students and supporters have taken to the
streets for more than two months to protest the National
Assembly's May 26 decision to authorize $9 million in
university budget cuts.
- Highest Teen Pregnancy Rate in Central
- By Roberto Fonseca, IPS, 21 July 1998. Between 40 and 45
percent of all pregnancies involve girls 15 to 19 years
old. Thousands of girls become pregnant as a result of
pressure from men to prove their ‘love’ to
them. Five out of every 10 girls begin their sex lives
because of love for their partners.
- Child carnage in Nicaragua
- Casa-Alianza, 13 July 2002. At least ninety-seven
Nicaraguan children and youth under the age of 23 met
violent deaths during the last eight months of 2001
according to information collected by Casa Alianza