The social history of the Republic of Nicaragua
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Drug Trafficking and Use in Nicaragua On
- Centr-Am News, week of 6–12 September
1998. The presence and use of drugs in Nicaragua are
rapidly growing. Drug-related crimes are also on the
- The Autonomy Tale
- By Mark Pitsche and Robert Ritzenthaler, Resource Center
of the Americas [3 January 2001]. On Nicaragua's
Atlantic coast, ethnic minorities voted for peace a decade
ago, believing they had won control of their natural
resources. They know better now.
- Population Influx into Capital
- Nicaragua Network Hotline, 6 October
2003. Fewer Nicaraguans are migrating from the countryside
to the city of Managua, which is now home to close to
one-quarter of Nicaragua's entire population.