The social history of the Republic of Costa Rica
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Costa Rica and Population
- By Jack Freeman, 7 January 1995. Factors influencing
population, family planning, etc.
- A ‘Disjointed’ Country, Says
- By Nefer Munoz, IPS, 24 October 2000. Costa Rica
recorded the greatest per capita economic growth in Latin
America in 1999, but the problems it suffers make it a
disjointed country. Gap between the positive economic
indicators and the difficult reality of broad sectors of
the population. The myths spread around the world about
the country's democracy, education and economy.
- Costa Rican Constitutional Court annulled
international adoptions law
- Casa Alianza, 8 June 2003. Casa Alianza fears that the
legal vacuum left by the annulment decision of the
Constitutional Court will permit people to profit from the
commercial sale of babies for adoption.