Cultural history of Asia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
History in general of Asia
History of culture in general in Asia as a whole
- Asian Values
- Dialog from H-Asia list, April-May 1998. Includes a discussion of
the validity of the question's essentialism.
- History of sandals in Asia
- A dialog from the H-Asia list, June 1998. The rise of mass-produced
footwear in Asia after the Second World War, especially plastic
- Mail Brides in Cyberspace
- By Kalinga Seneviratne, IPS, 17 November 1998. Internet
as catalyst for growth of mail order Asian brides and the
play, Mail Order, by Pek Siok Lian, based on it.
- Lunar New Year
- A dialog on H-Asia list, February-March 1999. A discussion of
what countries observe the Lunar New Year cycle in the past or present.
- West does not treat Asia as an equal yet
- By Mary Kwang, The Straits Times Interactive,
29 June 1999. The Western reaction to Asians defining Asian
History of education in Asia as a whole
- Asiaweek's second annual survey of the
region's best schools focuses on research - and the
ravages of the economic crisis
- By Cesar Bacani, Asiaweek, 12 May 1998.
History of religion in Asia as a whole
- Query on sources for an expansive notion of sangha
- A dialog from the H-Asia list, May 1998.
- Religious Intolerance
- A dialog on the H-Asia list, August 1998. Where in recent history in
Asia/Pacific or Africa have Bible wielding fundamentalists assaulted
the long established or indigenous religions of their own countries?
What influence have foreign missionaries had in these activities?