Resources for the study of the history of Asia as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
History in general of Asia
- Seeking suggestions on general histories of India and SE
Asia to 1400
- A dialog on H-Asia list, November 1997. Readings to support a revision
of the chapters on Asia to 1400 in a college world history text.
- Sec. School Texts on Eurasia
- By Frey G. Barlow, 5 December 1997. Brief critique.
- Survey 20th C. Asia text
- A dialog on H-Asia List, April 1998. Seeks introductory texts for a
survey course on 20th Century Asia for freshmen and sophomores.
- Course on colonialism and its legacy: suggested
- A dialog on H-Asia list, April 1999. Seeks book recommendations for a
course on Asian colonial history that seriously engages the history of
colonialism, rather than offer a a lit crit/ cultural studies
- Texts on science in Asia
- A dialog from H-Asia-L, May 1999. Recommendations for a course to be
taught at the 300 level on the development of science in Asia, within
a largely historical framework, with possible focus on medical sciences,
and upon China and Japan.
- Asia Comes Full Circles in a Round World
- By Andre Gunder Frank, 12 May 1998. A Review Essay of Asia in Western
and World History. A Guide for Teaching [AWWH] Edited by Ainslie
T. Embree and Carol Gluck [for] Columbia Project on Asia in the
Core Curriculum [CPACC].
- How best to teach 'Asian' survey courses?
- A dialog on H-Asia List, May-June 1998.
- History of premodern Asia: a post-mortem (Teaching Asia
- A dialog from H-Asia list, 18 December 1998.