General and Political History of Pakistan
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World
History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release their
History of Pakistan in General
- Enactment of Sharia Law in Pakistan
- A speech by Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad. 2 February, 1995.
- Bravo, Benazir. Response to an editorial in the Wall Street Journal
- By Dr. Maleeha Lodhi, Ambassador of Pakistan. 24 February, 1995. Praises Prime Minister Benazir
Bhutto for extraditing Ramzi Ahmed Yousef to the United States, who is accused of the 1993 World
Trade Center bombing.
- Economic, Political Crisis Shakes Pakistan
- By Hilda Cuzco, in the Militant, 25 November, 1996. On November 5, 1996, Prime Minister
Benazir Bhutto government collapsed for the second time. Charges of corruption. Role of IMF in
contributing to the crisis. Position of the military.
- Eqbal Ahmed, World Renowned Activist Scholar, Dies
- By Beena Sarwar, 12 May, 1999. A civil rights activist.
- Military Takes over In Pakistan
- By Farooq Tariq, General Secretary Labour Party Pakistan, 13 October 1999.
- Military rule once again
- ByLal Khan, Editor of Jeddo Judh, 19 October 1999.