The history of women and gender in India
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The social history of India in general
- A Quiet Revolution in the Factory
- By Nonika Singh, for Women's Feature Service. 24 February, 1995. Growth
of female employment in Punjab electronics industry linked to changes
in social position on women.
- Sexual harassment cases - seeking international info
- From the Delhi based Women's group - Sakshi, 6 March, 1995, re gang rape of
child marriage campaigner. Issue of whether "sexual harassment" is
part of Westernization.
- "Kitchen Fires" Kill Indian Brides With Inadequate
- From UPI, 23 July 1997. In-laws kill brides with inadequate dowries, although
the institution of dowries is outlawed. Problem of female infanticide in
- Indian women still awaiting independence
- By Sonali Verma, Reuter, 12 August 1997.