Date: Fri, 7 Aug 98 16:54:08 CDT
/** headlines: 176.0 **/
/* Written 10:02 PM Aug 6, 1998 by firstname.lastname@example.org in igc:reg.burma */
The Statement of National League for Democracy-Liberated Area (Youth) on the occasion of 10th Anniversary of 8-8-88 Democratic Uprising
6 August 1998
Today marks the 10th anniversary of nationwide upheaval in Burma primarily led by students and youth protesting the removal of one party military dictatorship, an unheard of event in our history, to demand restoration for the genuine democracy. In the attempt to protest the Burmese military dictatorship thousands of demonstrators led by students and joined by Buddhist monks, as well as citizenry whose general will was not only disregarded but were brutally massacred by military regime resulting the loss of thousands of lives of our own people.
1. Furthermore on September 18, 1988 the Burmese military transferred their hold of power among themselves to stabilize people anger, anguish and agony by forming State Law and Order restoration Council (SLORC). It was look upon by the Burmese people as insult added to injury. To try to satisfy the people's urge for multi-party election SLORC held general election on May 27, 1990, whereby NLD under the leadership of Daw Aung San Suu Kyi won the landslide victory by the margin of 82 percent. However, SLORC did not keep the pledge by refusing to hand-over the reins of government since then.
2. We are now at a time when there are developments indicating that an unusual turn of the political situation is about to take place. So that we all entire people may better shoulder our responsibility in the role that we have to play, at the time of political change, concerning the entire people made up of various ethnic nationalities. A t the same time, we notice that NLD and Daw Aung San Suu Kyi need to be more supported by entire people.
3. Political, economic and social problems that the country is facing will not be solved by obstruction, restriction and repression actions at all governmental levels against the legal activities of the NLD, a legally standing political party, especially the interference against travelling of the NLD Gen. Sec., Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, relating to the NLD's MPs and members of NLD, as is happening today. With good and virtuous intentions we should meet and discuss and find situations, the National League for Democracy-Liberated Area (Youth) believes that this is a only way by which the well being of the state and its citizens can be achieved.
4. We NLD-LA(Youth) strongly demand the SLORC/SPDC-to convince parliament before the NLD demand on convening the parliament on August 21st, 1998; To release unconditional MPs and all political prisoners; to solve current political problems by peaceful mean without violent.
5. Therefore, on this great 10th Anniversary of 8-8-88 Nationwide Uprising in honor and memory of students, youth, Buddhist monks and people who were The Fallen Heroes, we NLD-LA (Youth) give our somber pledge that the NLD-LA (Youths) bearing in mind and holding fast to the principles and programs laid down by the NLD led by Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, affirm that we will relentlessly struggle on, together with all the ethnic nationalities and the entire mass of youths, for the resolution of problems of the country and the youths, and for the establishment of a genuine multi-party democratic State.
LONG LIVE THE SPRIT OF 8888 MASS MOVEMENT OUR CAUSE WILL PREVAILCentral Youth Working Group
National League for Democracy-Liberated Area (Youth)
August 8, 1998
,aeM-^Lonf ausmif;om;vli,frsm;rS pwifOD;aqmifI jynfolvlxk ;w&yfvHk;u wpfygwDppftm%m&Sifpepfudk rvdkvm;awmh a ppfrSefonfh'Drdkua&pD&&dSa&;udkom vdkvma ordkif;wGifr±uHpbl; tHk¦uGv#uf wpfcJeuf qENjyawmif;qdkcJh onfh &Spfav;vHk;'Drdkua&pDv_yf&Sm;r_ta&;awmfyHk}uD; (10)ESpfjynfhajrmufonfhaeM-^Ljzpfayonf? xdkM-^LaewGif jidrfcsrf;pGmqENjy awmif;qdkcJh &ufpufpGmowfjzufcJhrla toufqHk;&HSL;cJh
1? 1988 ckESpf/ pufwifbmv(18)&ufaeM-^L EdkifiHawmftm%mudk ppfwyfuodrf;ydkufvdkufjyD;aemuf 1988 ckESpf. &v'ftjzpf 1990 ckeSpf arv(27)&ufaeM-^LwGif ygwDpHktaxGaxGa&G;aumufyGJudk usif;yay;cJhygonf? xdka&G;aumufyGJwGif a':atmifqef;pk om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyfu 82 &mcdkifE_ef;ausmf tEdkif&&dScJhaomfvnf; ,aeM-^Lwdkif tm%mv$Jajymif;ay;jcif;r&dSbJ tm%mudk zufwG,fxm;qJ &dSygonf?
2? ,cktcsdefonf jrefrmEdkifiHtwGif; xl;jcm;aomEdkifiHa&;tcsdK;tauGM-^Lwck jzpfay:vmrnfht&dyfvuQ%mrsm; ay:xGef;aeaom tcsdeftcg vnf;jzpfygonf? TodkM-^Laom wdkif;&if;om;vlrsdK;aygif;pHk jynfolvlxkw&yfvHk;wdkM-^KESifhoufqdkifonfh EdkifiHa&;tvSnfhtajymif;wGif rdrdwdkM-^L yg0if&rnfh tcef;u¾wGif pGrf;tm;jynfh ydkrdkxrf;aqmifEdkif&efvdktyfygonf? wqufwnf;rSmyif trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyfESifh a':atmif qef;pk ydkrdk0ef;&HaxmufcH&efvnf; vdktyfrnf[k owdyrdygonf?
3? jrefrmEdkifiHwGifjzpfay:aeaom EdkifiHa&;/ pD;yGm;a&;/ vlr_a&;jyemrsm;udk oufqdkif&mtm%mydkiftzGJM-^Ltpnf;tqifhqifhwdkM-^LrS w&m;0if &yfwnfaeaom EdkifiHa&;ygwDjzpfonfh trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyf. w&m;0ifaqmif&Gufcsufrsm;tm; zdEdSyfcsKyfcs,f uefM-^Lowfwm;qD;aer_ rsm;/ txl;ojzifh trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyf taxGaxGtwGif;a&;r¬; a':atmifqef;pk udk,fpm;vS,frsm;/ tzGJM-^L0ifrsm;ESifh awGM-^LqHk&ef c&D;oGm;jcif;tay: [efM-^Lwm;ydwfyif zdESdyfaESmifh,Sufjcif;jzifh ajz˜Sif;Edkifrnfr[kwfyg? pdwfaumif;apwemaumif;jzifh awGM-^LqHkaqG;aEG;!M-^GdEd_if; tajz&Smjcif;onfomv#if EdkifiHawmfESifh EdkifiHom;wdkM-^L.tusKd;pD;yGm;udk az:aqmifEdkif rnfh wpfckwnf;aomenf;vrf;jzpfonf[k trsKd;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyf-vGwfajrmufe,fajr(vli,f)rS ,Hk
4? odkM-^LygI e0wºetz ppftm%mydkifrsm;taejzifh- a':atmifqef;pk
zrf;qD;xdrf;odrf;xm;aom jynfolM-^LvGwfawmfudk,fpm;vS,frsm;ESifh twdkuftcH EdkifiHa&;tif;tm;pkrsm;tm; cGsif;csufr&Sd tjrefqHk;jyefvGwfay;&ef/ jzpfay:aeaomEdkifiHa&;jymemrsm;tm; t edkifiHa&;enf;vrf;rsm;jzifh om jidrfcsrf;pGmajz&Sif;&ef ponfwdkM-^Ludk trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyf-vGwfajrmufe,fajr (vli,f)rS tav;teuf awmif;qdktyfayonf?
5? &Spfav;vHk;ta&;awmfyHk}uD;twGif; trdEdkifiHtwGuf toufaoG;ac|;rsm;pGmudk t&iftEDS;yI wdkufyGJ0ifcJh om &[ef;&Sifvljynfol ausmif;om;vli,f tmZmenfol&Jaumif;rsm;udk OD;!$wf*k%fyI trsdK;om;'Drdkua&pDtzGJM-^LcsKyf-vGwfajrmufe,fajr(vli,f)taejzifh a':atmifqef;pk rl0g'vkyfief;pOfrsm;tm; ESvHkoGif;udkifpGJum ppfrSefaom ygwDpHk'Drdkua&pDEdkifiHawmfopf wnfaqmufEdkifa&;tygt0if wdkif;jynf.jyemrsm;ESifh vli,fxkjyemrsm;tm; wdkif&if;om;vlrsdK;aygif;pHk jynfolvlxkw&yfvHk;ESifhylaygif;I rqkwfrepf tpGrf;ukefwdkufyGJ0ifoGm;rnfjzpfa &Spfav;vHk;'Drdkua&pDta&;awmfyHk }uD;wGif xkwfjyef a
- &Spfav;vHk;pdwf"gwf t"GefM-^L&Snfygap?