Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
History of Southeast Asia in general
General and political history
- Souphanouvong, "red prince'' of Laos, dies aged 86
- Reuter. 12 January, 1995. Short notice re Souphanouvong, the national hero in the Pathet Lao liberation struggle and President of Laos, 1975 to 1986, when he retired for reasons of health. He had to fight constantly against his right-wing half brother, Prince Souvanna Phouma.
- Citation: R. Warner, Back Fire: The CIA's Secret War in Laos and its Link to the War in Vietnam (1995)
- From Ralph McGehee. 4 October, 1995. Citation of this an another work on the same subject.
- Bombing Laos
- From Ralph McGehee, 9 October, 1995. Information from soc.history.war.vietnam on the bombing raids on Laos.
- An appeal to the world community to support Laos in defense of her national identity, independence and sovereigny
- Against the secret military occupation of Laos by Vietnam and massive abuses of human rights, by Bounthanh Thammavong, 3 March, 1997. A curious document that seems to be an effort by an overseas group of Laotian students, perhaps supporters of Prince Souvanna Phouma, to overthrow the government of Laos.
Economy and environment
- World Bank president urged to halt Transfield dam in Laos
- From International Rivers Network, AID/Watch media release, 29 September, 1997.