Hartford Web Publishing (Haines Brown) is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity.
I have a few dozen more documents like those below and will be glad to expedite putting them on line if you ask.
History of Indonesia in general
- Electronic Resources on East Timor
- From the East Timor Action Network (United States). 12 March, 1995. Although by now dated, should nevertheless be of some use.
- How come Indonesians forget their history?
- By Paul H. Salim. The analogy of East Timor's declaration of independence on 28th November 1975 and Indonesia's declaration of independence on 17th August 1945.
- Indonesia strongly rejects U.N. rights body motion
- Reuter. Jakarta's invasion and annexation of Portugal's colony in 1975-76 is not recognized by the United Nations.
General and political history
- After the Bamboo curtain has been pulled down again
- A speech by George J. Aditjondro, 12 November, 1995, in commemoration of the Dili massacre in 1991.
- East Timorese writer visits Sydney
- By Janet Parker, 21 May, 1997. Activist and writer Naldo Rai.
- Timorese students reject Indonesian election
- Agence France Press. 28 May, 1997.
- Mandela calls for release of Xanana Gusmao
- From AFP, Pretoria. 30 July 1997. Nelson Mandela seeks to help the United Nations effort by meeting with East Timorese rebel leader Xanana Gusmao and President Suharto.
- Indonesia and East Timor relevent excerpts from Unofficial Transscript
- [US] Secretary of State before Senate Foreign Relations Comittee. August 1, 1997. Secretary Christopher briefly discusses what the State Department sees as future trends.
- Indonesian military harasses East Timorese workers after strike at Nike plant
- Human rights observers are concerned for safety of Timorese workers. From East Timor Independence (New Zealand). 17 June 1997.
- A message to the Beijing Conference from the East Timorese Women
- From Lafai Lighur of the Clandestine Resistance. 6 September 1995.
- From One Day To Another: Violations of Women's Reproductive and Sexual Rights in East Timor
- East Timor Women Coerced by Family Planning Program. By Miranda Sissons, International Relations Program, Yale University. 23 June 1997. An appeal for international support. The experience of women in occupied East Timor.