The environmental history of the Beijing Municipal District
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Beijing Gasps for Clean Air
- By Antoaneta Bezlova, IPS, 3 January 2000. Smoggy,
congested Beijing is launching a massive clean-up campaign
designed to turn itself from a choking, industrial wasteland
into an international metropolis of consumption and
- Project Geared Up to Protect Beijing From
- China News Digest, 29 August 2001. Beijing is
stepping up a reforestation project to stop the desert from
advancing into the city. The project is part of a 10-year
program to restore forests in suburban Beijing and other
northern Chinese metropolitan areass.
- Buses in Beijing to Be Fueled by Imported
- Xinhua, 7 February 2002. Buses in the Chinese capital
Beijing are to use imported liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) as
fuel. The move aims at reducing atmospheric pollution in
Beijing and helping the capital to prepare for hosting the
Olympic Games in 2008.