The working-class history of Korea as a whole
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- N., S. Korean Workers Play Friendly Soccer
- The People's Korea, 19 August
1999. The first intra-Korean workers' reunification
soccer event took place for the first time in 54 years on
Aug. 12 in Pyongyang under the sponsorship of the General
Federation of Trade Unions of north Korea (GFTUK), and the
south Korean Confederation of Trade Unions (KCTU).
- North, South Laborers Meet at Mt. Kumgang
- People's Korea, 23 December
2000. North and south Korean workers danced and sang
together at an exchange meeting. On Dec. 12, they gathered
at Mt. Kumgang Hotel to discuss the reunification of
Korea. This was the first time for them to meet and hold a
discussion since the division of the Korean
- Inter-Korean Labor Meeting May Be Held in
Aug. or Sept.
- Yonhap News, 19 June 2002. Labor representatives of
North and South Korea will get together for what they call
the inter-Korean labor meeting for the reunification of
the fatherland in August or September.