The history of the European Parliament (EP)
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- European Parliament backs union call for
investigation in Belarus
- ICFTU online ..., 12 February 2003. The
European Parliament (EP) adopted in Strasburg an amendment
on Belarus which calls for an investigation and, if
necessary, suspension of the country from the European
Union's Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) due to
violations of core labour standards.
- European elections: few comments go
- By John Catalinotto, Workers World, 24 June
2004. Voters in the June 11–14 elections for the newly
expanded European Parliament showed their general
dissatisfaction with unemployment, social cuts and the Iraq
war by punishing nearly every sitting government.
- EP socialists urge EU pressure on Russia over
- Xinhua News Agency (China), 25 November 2004. The
Socialist party group in the European Parliament (EP)
called for a formal intervention in the European Union
(EU)-Russia Summit to Russian President Putin over the
elections in Ukraine.