The history of social policies in the United Kingdom
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Government braced for rights ruling on
- By Frances Gibb, London Times, 23 September
1996. The Government is preparing for the prospect of
another adverse ruling in the European Court of Human Rights
this week over its treatment of Gypsies.
- Tories to privatise social services
- By Andrew Grice and Michael Prescott, The
Times, 19 January 1997. A controversial plan to
privatise the social services, including care of the elderly
and children, will be included in the Tory general election
- Business as usual under New Labour?
- Prison Privatisation Report Int'l,
No. 10, May 1997. It looks as if the election of a Labour
government on 1 May 1997 has not threatened the future
development of private prisons in the UK.