The retrospective history of the Federal Republic of Germany
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- In Memory Of Karl And Rosa
- Arm the Spirit. Briefly on Karl Liebknecht and
Rosa Luxemburg, founders of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD),
murdered on January 15, 1909, and the division in Germany's
- Why the German Republic Fell (1938)
- By Bruno Heilig, originally for Land &
Liberty. The author was a journalist in Berlin and
then Prague at the time of the collapse of the Weimar
Republic. Hitler didn't create Nazism; Nazism was the result
of the decay of democracy.
- By Ingrid Strobl, translated from Emma. Events
leading up to the first Germany-wide pogrom against Jews in 1938,
- Celebrating the heroes of the fight against
- By Hans Lebrecht, People's Weekly World.
Lebrecht recalls his experiences in the underground Palestine
Bureau in 1937, the Zionist movement, and as a member of the
Palestine and German (KDP) Communist Parties early in World
- Review of Daniel Rogers, Politics after
Hitler: The Western Allies and the German Party
- A review of a book on post-War Germany party politics and the
effect upon it of the Allies.