The contemporary political history of the Kingdom of Sweden
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Swedish Gov't targets social
- By Anita Ostling, Militant, 20 February
1995. The new Social Democratic government in Sweden has
escalated attacks on the social wage of working
people. Dramatic cuts made up the government's first
budget proposal presented in mid-January.
- Report from massive workers protest!
- By Robert Malecki, 28 November 1996. About 5,000 people
took part in the march on parliment against the Social
Democratic government and its bougeois allies in the Center
party. The left numerically has never been so small as it is
today in this country. The policy of dismantling the
- More Social Democratic Betrayals!
- By Bob Malecki, 8 December 1996. In an unprecedented bluff
the Social Democracy, in answer to the governmental policy
of dismantling the welfare state have come up with a
secret plan to
create 50,000 new jobs in the
- Sterilization case rocks Sweden
- Militant, 15 September 1997. The social
affairs minister announced that a special commission will
investigate allegations that up to 60,000 women were
forcibly sterilized for over 40 years to create a
stronger Swedish race.
- ‘New’ Social Democracy Defeated
- By Robert Malecki, 21 September 1998. Social Democracy not
only lost the elections, but historically it was the largest
historical defeat in its history. The Social Democracy has
lost the youth to the left and the old people to the