The economic history of the Republic of Malta
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Two factories sack 250 workers
- By Charlotte Bonavia, di-ve news, 25 August 2003. Denim
Sportswear Ltd and Denim Services which together employ a
total of 1,200 workers, on Monday informed their employees
that they will dismiss a total of 250 persons due to a
serious lack of orders.
- ST Microelectronics moving some production
lines to Morocco, but no layoffs planned
- By Natalino Fenech, The Times of Malta, 7
September 2003. ST Microelectronics will be shifting some of
its production lines from Malta to Morocco some time next
year because production costs are lower there.
- Shipyards lose Lm1 million contract
- By Natalino Fenech, The Sunday Times of
Malta, 4 January 2004. Malta Shipyards had won the
vessel repair contract amid fierce competition, but when the
ship owners learnt that the chief executive was attacked and
manhandled at the yard, they decided to take the ship to