The history of health and nutrition in the Russian Federation
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- WHO Worried about Risks to Mothers and
- Itar-Tass, 7 April 1998. The World Health Organisation has
published statistics showing that the mother-and-baby health
situation is alarming in the former Soviet republics. It is
much worse than in the western states.
- On The Verge Of An AIDS Epidemic
- By Sergei Blagov, InterPress Service, 1 December
2000. Russia can no longer forestall the “AIDS
disaster”—because it is already happening. The
government has, so far, failed to respond with adequate
- Chernobyl's cancer world record
- BBC News, Tuesday 23 October 2001. The nuclear disaster at
Chernobyl has produced the biggest group of cancers ever
from a single incident. The number of cancers is sure to
rise further in years to come.