The history of women and gender in Ukrayina
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- New Ukrainian Law Against Trafficking in
- International Women's Human Right Centre “La
Strada-Ukraine”, 21 April 1998. On March 24, 1998, on
the last day of the session, Ukrainian Parliament adopted a
new Law on making amendments to the acting legislation on
banning trafficking in people in Ukraine.
- ‘A Million Young Ukrainian Women Want
to Leave their Country’
- ICFTU OnLine..., 200/991006/SG, 6 October
1999. Interview by Samuel Grumiau concerning La Strada on
the subject of prostitution abroad.
- From Ukraine to hell
- By Samuel Grumiau, ICFTU OnLine..., 6 October
1999. Because of its concern about the growing trafficking
of women for prostitution, the ILO has recently increased
its co-operation with NGOS to stamp this out. Trade Union
World correspondent Samuel Grumiau recently had the
opportunity to look into this phenomenon.