History of the Hawaiian Islands
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in World History Archives and does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity or to release their copyright.
- On this day in history... Hawaii - U.S. Treaties
- Resources for the treaties of 1826 and 1849.
- President Grover Cleveland's message to Congress
- 18 December 1893. The US president reports on the Hawaiian situation.
- Re-enactment of 1894 'takeover' booed. Replay vital to Hawaiians, Burgess
tells palace crowd
- By Walter Wright, Honolulu Advertiser, 5 July, 1995.
- 100 Years Ago Today. . . Mass Anti-Annexation Rally in Hawai`i
- 7 September 1897. In the spring of 1897, President McKinley agreed on annexation treaty
with the foreign/white oligarchy, and so in response patriotic organizations organized rallies
and a petition drive.
- A monarchy in limbo
- Hawaii's royalty, overthrown illegally, may try for a comeback. By Ian Mulgrew, in The
Vancouver Sun. Royal line ended with Lydia Lili`uokalani (d. 1917). Issue of monarchic
- August 18 is commemorated as "Admissions Day" in Hawaii, but...
- Is Hawaii a Really State of the Union? On 18 August 1959, Hawaii was admitted to the Union,
but the legality of that act remains open to question.
The struggle for independence
- United States Public Law 103-150. 103rd Congress Joint Resolution 19
- 23 November, 1993. U.S. apologizes for overthrow of Hawai`ian government.
- Restoration of the Independent Nation State of Hawai`i under International Law
- A talk by Professor Francis Anthony Boyle, 28 December, 1993. Re. the US Joint Resolution.
- Interpretation of U.S. Public Law 103-150 under International Law and its
Implications for the Restoration of the Independent and Sovereign Nation State of Hawai`i
- By Professor Francis Anthony Boyle. 28 December, 1993.
- Proclamation of the Restoration of the Independence of the Sovereign Nation
State of Hawai`i
- January 16, 1994, `Iolani Palace, Honolulu, O`ahu, Hawai`i
- Hawai`i Constitution
- 16 January, 1995
- A company uses Hawaiian Kingdom law to challenge property ownership
- By Rob Perez. Honolulu Star Bulletin, 8 January, 1997. Treason against the monarchy
puts land titles in doubt.
- Greetings from independent Hawaii
- By James Podgers. American Bar Association Journal, June, 1997. A legal assessment
of the independence movement.
Hawaiian social history
- Hawaiian youth leader: 'Respect the people and the land'
- Interview with Monica Moorehead, Workers World, 20 March 1997.
- Hawaiians get census category
- The next census will list native Hawaiians alone, apart from Asians. By Pat Omandam,
in Honolulu Star-Bulletin, 29 October 1997.