The environmental history of Australia
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Howard's policies:
Worst attack on the env. in
- Tim Doyle interview with Emma Webb, in Green
Left Weekly, 17 October 1997.
- Great Barrier Reef Threatened by Garbage, Chemicals
- and Bombs
- EarthVision Reports, 14 January 1999. Environmentalists in
Australia have launched a campaign to get the government to pay
more attention to the Great Barrier Reef, which they say is
experiencing a slow but certain death.
- Union threat to disrupt major projects
- By Bill Birnbauer, The Age, Monday 18
December 2000. Building unions have threatened to ban the removal
of contaminated soil from major projects because of the way the
State Government has handled the establishment of a multi-million
dollar hazardous-waste facility in Victoria.
- Australia grain group says GM-free 'impossible'
- Reuters, 2 March 2001. It would be impossible to provide genetically
modified (GM) free grain products with the advent of GM crops.
The norm would become
non-GM, for products containing
contaminants below a particular level, rather than