Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
Political action by the global working class
- Workplace democracy - a cross-national
- By S. Wojciech Sokolwski, PNews 6 March 1996. A survey of world
youth that assesses their support for class collaboration and for
democratic contol of industry by state management.
- Trade unions propose a "social partnership"
to the G8
- ICFTU Online..., 30 November 1997. Shows that unions
from developed countries sometimes favor class collaboration
in the form of "social partnerships." Article avoids
specifying extent to which unions were willing to participate. Bill
Jordan of the ICFTU speaks in favor of social partnershops.
- German 'Team Concept'
- By Harry Kelber, LaborTalk, 19 May 1998. Does the
"team concept" increasingly favored by corporations
promote labor-management cooperation and reduce authoritarian
job supervision, or is it a way to increase production, while
not expanding a worker's control over his or her job, a part
of a corporate strategy to wean workers away from reliance
on their union? Most labor activists believe it is the
- Chrysler Exchange of Views
- A letter in the Handelsblatt, Germany, 25 November
2000, and a commentary on it by Gregg Shotwell, 28 November
2000. An assessment of the effect of class collaboration
by IG Metall in Germany and the UAW in the U.S.