The history of the world's working class
in terms of industry
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the
documents in World History Archives and
does not presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
The world economic struggle of the working
The struggle of the world's dockers
The world's working class in the airline
The world struggle of sex workers
- Unions want social control, ILO utilities meeting
- ICEM Update, 13 April 1999. The International Federation
of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) says
that workers in the world's energy and water utilities want to
maintain social control over basic public services. Proper
regulation and full involvement of unions in any reform processes
is needed for a socially balanced outcome.
- The GAP Campaign - a campaign for justice for workers
in the global garment industry
- From Resource Center of the Americas, 10 December 1995. Across
the US and Canada a campaign to force major clothing retailers to
improve the below-subsistence wages and oppressive conditions of
workers who make clothing.
- Metalworker union's aim: globalization
- By Peter Tirschwell, Journal of Commerce, 28 May
1997. An umbrella union organization representing 20 million
metalworkers around the world is meeting in San Francisco to
approve a blueprint to confront corporate globalization.