The History of Millenialism
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to release
- Alarming Rise in Natural Disasters
- By Thalif Deen, IPS, 24 July 1998. Millennialism looks to
natural disasters as portents of the apocalypse. It does
not help that indeed there are some serious emerging
- Y2K__Churches Prepare, Doomsday
- From AmericanAtheists News, 20 August 1998. Re. the
startling Angst in the religious Fundamentalist/Evangelical
culture in the U.S. concerning the Y2K or "year 2000"
- You need to Know
- By an "Inside Source," 13 Septebmer 1998. Example of how
occult truths about a looming disaster can be spread.
- The Millenium Bug: A Time Bomb in the Heart of
- Should we prepare for the blast or the fallout? By Roberto Verzola,
17 September 1998. A secular doomsday view of Y2K problem.
- National Guard Ready to Act on Eve of 2000
- By Amy Rinard, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 7 October 1998.
Millennialism can result from a feeling of personal powerlessness.
The local electric company here tries to respond to this obsession.
- The Bug in the Bomb: The Impact of the Year 2000 Problem
on Nuclear Weapons
- From the British American Security Information Council, 21 November
1998. The most powerful man made devices will naturally go off at the
turn of the millenium and usher in the armageddon because of the
intervention of forces that are hidden from most people.
- Isrealis Tighten Security in Anticipation of Millennial
Cult Madness, "Jerusalem Syndrom"
- From American Atheists News, 26 November 1998. Israel is the
natural focus of eschatological and apocalyptic thought, and the Israeli
government must prepare for possible chaos at the turn of the
- The Millenium Frenzy
- By Jeremy Seabrook, May 1999. Anxiety arises out of Western global hegemony
and a fear that this uncontrolled dominance may be a progenitor of doom.
Having fun seems the major achievement of Western civilization.
- The Chinese threat: made in the USA
- By Eric Jackson, 21 August 1999. Fears of the unkown arising from social
anxiety naturally discover hidden conspiracies by outsiders of a different
race. Here the Red Chinese turn out to be in control of the Panama Canal.
- On the Cusp of the Millennium__Martyrs,
Prayer Wars and UFO Visitations
- From American Atheists News, 13 September 1999. A historical view
of the apogee of religious fantasy at the turning of the millennium. Re.
the lunatic fringe of Prayer Warriers and UFO-ologists.
- Robertson Spreading More Millennium Panic__
Armageddon as a Cash Cow
- From American Atheists News, 29 September 1999. Preaching the
- "Omega Code" Stokes Fears of End Times
- From American Atheist News, 25 October 1999. For many Christians,
and even a good number of new agers and secular apocalyptics, the transition
to the year 2000 is an event overflowing with significance. Here re.
the "Christian thriller" movie "Omega Code."
- Details Emerge on "Project Megido" Warning of Y2K
- Christian Identity, Black Hebrew Israelites Among Groups Cited: But Is
It Real? From American Atheist News, 31 October 1999. Project
Megido is preparation by FBI for social anarchy at the turn of the
- New Proof Mobiles Make You Lose Your Memory
- From Sunday Mirror, 3 November 1999. A loss of vital powers
due new popular technology. Cellular mobile phones are sufficiently
popular and technologically advanced to cause a loss of a personal