The history of superstition in Kenya
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- Ghosts Invade Kenyan Schools
- By Tervil Okoko, PANA, 19 July 2000. Invasion by ghosts
is increasingly becoming a daily story in Kenyan schools.
Parents withdraw daughters from rural boarding schools.
Head teacher accused of being cause. Exorcism conducted
by Rev. Fr. Elias Murithi of Gachanjoni Parish.
- Land Row Triggers Religious Violence
- By Tervil Okoko, Panafrican News Agency, 2 December 2000.
A dispute over a government land grant in a Nairobi residential
slum has stoked religious clashes between Muslims and Christians.
Killer gin. Christians burn mosque and Muslims burn houses.
Religious leaders blame government.
- Kenya Deceived Me—Lakwena
- New Vision (Kampala), 5 July 2001. Alice
Lakwena, the leader of Uganda's disintegrated Holy
Spirit Movement, has blamed her 15-year exile in Kenya on
the Kenyan authorities who she claimed misled her into