The contemporary political history of the Rwandese Republic
Hartford Web Publishing is not the author of the documents in
World History Archives and does not
presume to validate their accuracy or authenticity nor to
release their copyright.
- International Tribunal on Hutus is
- By Henry F. Mirima, Editor-in-Chief of The
Exposure, August 1994. Argues that the big powers
behind the RPF were at fault, and there can be no peace
without majority (Hutu) rule.
- Rwanda Genocide
- From The Exposure, August 1994. Argues the
RPF became an instrument of big powers' wish to halt
spread of Islamic fundamentalism.
- Chers Compatriotes
- A letter from Mathias Cyamukungu, 17 December 1994 (in
French). With FPR war over, Rwandais intellectuals must
continue their struggle in peaceful terms. Also interview
with Rwandais official in Brussels.
- Ruanda's Crisis
- By Luan'Sende Lubuele, 30 December 1994. Argues that
Tutsi-Hutu animosity was kindled by Habyarimana for
self-interested political reasons.
- Who is profiting from Rwandan
- By Emmanuel K. Twesigye, 5 January 1995. A short opinion
- The Gratian plan: A response to Mathias
- By Joseph (Jeff) Nsengimana, 10 January 1995. A defense
of the RPF.
- Marking The 1994 Genocide
- By Chris Simpson, 2 April 1999. Rwanda headed into a week
of national mourning on the back of first-time elections
and the promise of a broader democratisation at a later
- Rwanda's Main Party Apologises For The
- By Jean Baptiste Kayigamba, IPS, 14 April 1999. The
Chairman of Rwanda's main political party, the MDR,
which incited Hutus to slaughter their Tutsi neighbours,
has asked for forgiveness for its role in the 1994
genocide. The party Chairman, Pierre Celestin Rwigema,
says they have begun reforming the Mouvement Democratique
- Rwanda: Rebuilding a country
- By Cecilia Locmant, ICFTU Online..., 23
November 1999. Human Rights Watch explains the constant
‘failures’ of the Arusha International
Tribunal. But young trade unionists have a desire to
rebuild. Everything is still embryonic, but the young
people here want to rebuild what has been destroyed.